• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need a product review ?

AwesomeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
anybody ever used or seen these ''Shock pin adaptors for the tops of your front shocks or BAR PIN ELIMINATORS for your Jeep''. I ordered some from rocky road outfitters the other day and was just wondering how well they really work offroad? here's a link for them, http://www.rocky-road.com/xjsus.html

anybody ever used or seen these ''Shock pin adaptors for the tops of your front shocks or BAR PIN ELIMINATORS for your Jeep''. I ordered some from rocky road outfitters the other day and was just wondering how well they really work offroad? here's a link for them, http://www.rocky-road.com/xjsus.html

They work fine, however, just remember, that they make your shock about 1" longer. This means that you should extend your bumpstops by 1" (assuming that your current shocks are sized correctly and that your current bumpstops are sized correctly) else you'll be overcompressing that shocks that there is nothing that will kill a shock faster than overcompressing ("bottoming out") .

Fred

you've never heard of them ever failing?

No, I've heard of the stock bar pins failing, though that's, virtually, always caused by running a shock that's too long and without the bumpstops set correctly, causing the shock to over compress.

Why are you considering them ? What problem(s), specifically, are you trying to solve ?

Fred

so i have the abillity to use a wider range of shocks. I need new shocks. but i have a nearly new pair in my garage but they won't fit a stock xj application.

You should ask for product reviews before your purchase :)
I've order parts parts for them (before I knew better) and the workmanship was VERY questionable. I will not buy from them again but maybe they can't screw up bar pin eliminators but I doubt it.
I just made my own with angle plate and bolts. The work fine the downside is you use up some of the shock travel with you may need all you can get if the XJ isn't lifted much.

well i ordered them wed. evening so i hope to get them by late next week. when i get them i'll let you all know how they work.
but I guess my main concern is if it will stand up to the rigers off road?

They won't fail. Double sheer setup is stronger than stud/single sheer. You just have to change out the factory stud style shocks.

Use locktight on the top nut so it doesn't loosen up.

No problem with Rocky Road Outfitters BPEs, running them and the stud eliminators in the front for more than two years. I did use poly shock grommets instead of the old shock grommets with the stud eliminators, had to drill them out as the stud eliminator bolt was larger than the hole in the poly grommets.

Back