• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 questions

lil_red_wagon

NAXJA Forum User
i am lookin at doin a 8.8 in my 90 xj. what my main question is about is back spacing. im lookin at goin 35 to 36. i know the rear end is like 5/8in narrower. i aint worried about the back bein in a lil more than the front. i want to run all 4 the same back spacing. i have searched but i cant find anything. every thing i have found lists with 33's. i dont want to run spacers cause i have had some bad luck with them in the past. i am sittin on about 6in of lift. on the d35 im runnin now i have 33x12.5 on some stock tj wheels and they barely clear the stock xj wheels wouldnt. as far as width on the 35 or 36 im wantin somewhere around 12.5 to 13.5. i dont really like a narrow tire. just dont like how it looks.

i am lookin at doin a 8.8 in my 90 xj. what my main question is about is back spacing. im lookin at goin 35 to 36. i know the rear end is like 5/8in narrower. i aint worried about the back bein in a lil more than the front. i want to run all 4 the same back spacing. i have searched but i cant find anything. every thing i have found lists with 33's. i dont want to run spacers cause i have had some bad luck with them in the past. i am sittin on about 6in of lift. on the d35 im runnin now i have 33x12.5 on some stock tj wheels and they barely clear the stock xj wheels wouldnt. as far as width on the 35 or 36 im wantin somewhere around 12.5 to 13.5. i dont really like a narrow tire. just dont like how it looks.
it's 5/8 per side I believe. 59.5" WMS to WMS vs 60something. This page may help you: http://www.jedi.com/obiwan/jeep/ford88.html I'm doing the same swap atm, probably going to pick up a set of 15x7 Crager Soft 8s with 4" of backspacing if I don't buy used tires+rims off someone.

PS: figure out if you're going to need a custom driveline or spacers BEFORE getting it under your rig, unless you like driving around in FWD. That's what I'm currently considering, brake consumables+dana 2-2-1379 flange are in the mail, spring perches and u-bolts procured.

Back