• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4x4 No Worky

POSJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I already searched, closest I came was this thread: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=98173&highlight=4x4%2A

I am having a problem with my 4x4 enaging...it doesn't. High or Low. I pull the lever back and into High and I can feel it pop into place, every once in awhile when I try it I hear gears grind for a second and I pop it back out and I amd it's fine. 4x4 works every so often in reverse but not at all in drive. I have no disconnect in the front it has washers and spacers to hold the sleeve over both axles. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm thinking I need a new T-Case at this point.

Tyler

*Edit*
This began when giving it gas and the 4wd would pop out under load. Like the above post was saying, but he never got his worked out and the thread died.

Nope, I took the fork out of the front axle again. It was broken off right at the base. So I put my old vacuum disco. on it and I still don't have 4wd. I haven't checked them fluid in it, I'll do that today. Another quick question, I've heard that if you have a vacuum leak your heater wont work. If my heater is working it means I have no vacuum leak? I can select any of the vents and they work. So if it's not a vacuum leak that is causing my original it is probably the T-case, either fluid or shift fork position?

Check the linkage for the transfer case. Theres a writeup somewhere, maybe someone else can direct you. If it is popping out I'm almost positive the linkage is to blame, and I hear it is really simple to put back into place.

Back