• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Starter? Not so happy turkey day

ocskipper

NAXJA Forum User
Went into the grocery store for like 5 minutes and left no accessories on. When i came out and tried to start it, it was totally dead. I tried jumping it and still is totally dead. My accessories wont even turn on when it is hooked up to the other Jeep. Blown fuse? Need help, it is sitting in the parking lot.

thanks, and come to think of it the positive connector is broken. It has been for some time and hasn't given me problems but maybe it just gave out. It is only like 3/4 of the circle connector left around the post.

that'll do it. i had a terminal that wasnt tightened all the way and my jeep would die after i started it, tightened the terminal and everything was fine.

Absolutely replace all battery connections that aren't 100%. Gotta have an electrical system up to snuff.

Clean up all battery connections and the battery posts while you are at it with sandpaper/emery cloth/battery cleaner until everything is nice and shiny which = no resistance.

Connection issues are often overlooked and under maintained.

thanks, and come to think of it the positive connector is broken. It has been for some time and hasn't given me problems but maybe it just gave out. It is only like 3/4 of the circle connector left around the post.

Doh! :doh:

Fix the problem! :twak:

Clean your battery terminals and cable ends every oil change. Replace before they are eaten through. :lecture:

Happy Thanksgiving, hope the turkey wasn't dry! :cheers:

Back