• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjustable lift Shackles

I like them, they would work well with the shackle relocation boxes to help tune shackle angle/ride height. I may have shell out for them

those look cool, it would be nicer if they came in a boomarang style
Hasn't that already been done?
xjtrailrider said:
I like them, they would work well with the shackle relocation boxes to help tune shackle angle/ride height. I may have shell out for them

That's what I was thinking. With my "recent" mods to the XJ, the ACOS has the front a tad high (but I like that height!), and I don't really want to change the angle of the shackles to make the rear higher. These just might do the job. And recoup some of the cost by selling my JKS shackles.

knuckleuppunk ... have you checked the price of JKS shackles? Typically $99, but I've seen them for as much as $115. As a new product, the price is not that bad.

knuckleuppunk ... have you checked the price of JKS shackles? Typically $99, but I've seen them for as much as $115. As a new product, the price is not that bad.

Yeah, I know. I just wish I could grab some boomerang lift shackles on the cheap. I need new boomerang shackles badly. :bawl:

My problem is that my current shackles are almost hitting the rear crossmember, plus I need about an extra 1" of lift to level the Jeep out (old Full Traction 6" lift).

Interesting idea, price is prohibitive if you know what size you really need.

Consider this,lengthwise it takes 2x the change in length on the shackle for 1x of lift! Do you need this fine of an adjustment,probably no! Could you do this or something even better for cheaper,yes.Does it add flexability to the shackle(some but, not really in the right direction)!

He builds good stuff. He has helped on a lot of my stuff and he help build my current long arm 3 link after I got all the numbers worked out. I am hoping to get a set to beat on soon. Andy Carter is his name. Very good friend and a super nice guy that will talk with you and help you anyway he can. I'll try and remember to post up after i get them in hand and on the xj. I have one alcan sagging again, and need a little boost to the rear to counter my tools. The daystar greaseable ones are great but I think this might help one of my problems. Oh yea by the way have you seen this? http://www.ironman4x4fab.com/testpromo.html

Last edited:
Well, I think I'ma pull the trigger on these, mostly because I think I need about an inch in the rear, but not sure how much. These look more stable than whatever long ass shackles I would need for 2" lift.

Well, I think I'ma pull the trigger on these, mostly because I think I need about an inch in the rear, but not sure how much. These look more stable than whatever long ass shackles I would need for 2" lift.

Do not be afraid to give him a call. He is an experienced wheeler and builder of different 4x4's. Tell him what you are looking for and need. He is a super great guy and will try to help you out.

Do not be afraid to give him a call. He is an experienced wheeler and builder of different 4x4's. Tell him what you are looking for and need. He is a super great guy and will try to help you out.

I 2nd this. Cool dude that knows his stuff and isn't out to make a ton of money by jacking up prices like RE and all those companies.

Bah, now i am torn. I love this idea since I don't know exactly how much lift I will end up with in the front and I just got the shackle relocation brackets so these would be perfect... but I am building for a low COG and was thinking that boomerangs would be helpful for more drop. Maybe I am thinking wrong and these would be better... not sure yet. Still researching and planning

And I also have to decide which set to buy if I get one. I assume that the measurements he has quoted are with vertical shackle... so if I put my shackle at 45* to the leaf pack, I may actually need the 2" to 3.5" lift shackles to net me the 1" to 1.5" lift I actually want.

Back