• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HID relay troubleshooting

CherBear

NAXJA Forum User
So I finnaly got around to installing my relay kit. I put it all together, it seemed pretty much plug and play...

But it doesnt work.

Where do I start debugging relays?

I checked fuses for the headlights.

I reverted the drivers side back to original wiring just to make sure I didnt majory fry anything and it worked fine.

What else should I check?

Thanks guys.:cheers:

You are still screwing with those HIDs?

Check for a constant power at the relay's switched side and the continuity in the positive wire to the headlight bulb. Then check for a ground at the coil side of the relay and check for a positive at the coil side with the lights switched on.

You are still screwing with those HIDs?

Check for a constant power at the relay's switched side and the continuity in the positive wire to the headlight bulb. Then check for a ground at the coil side of the relay and check for a positive at the coil side with the lights switched on.

That is what I ended up doing at 3 am last night... Still couldn't get it to work.
After splicing some wires I ended up with getting the brights to work, but not the HIDS.

Gave up and tore it out.:hang:

Back