• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i knew everything was going too well...

rufford

NAXJA Forum User
Sooo check engine light came on last night on my '99XJ, pulled the codes and it gave me PO141 o2 sensor heater malfunction bank 1 sensor 2 and PO138 o2 sensor circuit high volts bank 1 sensor 2. erased the codes and checked on here so see what the heck that means, checked the heater fuse in the kick panel and it was fine, couldn't find the heater fuse in the engine bay. This morning i started it up at it immediately threw a code for PO443 Evap Purge Solenoid Valve C Fault. after getting out i realized the rear hatch open light was on on the dash, i checked the rear hatch and found it securely closed. i realized it went out of the car was running, but came back on if i turned on the interior lights. with the jeep off, the light only goes out if i lock the doors. this is going to be lots of fun, i can tell. any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like a flakey ground. Check all the usual suspects.

it was never registered in CA, or compliant with CA emissions but i worked in San Luis Obispo for a bit (SBP is the identifier for the airport there where i worked). it's an early '99. aaand i just went out and the rear hatch light isnt being goofty anymore. i love intermittent faults....

Back