• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater core HELP!!!

Blue 97 XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so there are many good write ups on doing one but I'm missing something.
ill admit I'm trying to cut SOME corners like not removing the steering wheel/column, but most importantly i don't want to undo the AC. Yes i know you should undo the AC but i have read that some people hear in NAXJA have done it without screwing with the AC. so my question is HOW!?!?!?:dunno:
i have the dash pulled out the heater core houses remuved and the AC loosen as much as i can (unless you know something i dont), and yet i cant get the box to pull out more than an inch.
Any and all help would be a great help thank you for your time and advice.
Carson.

PS, 1997 country, 4 leater, 4 door, 4x4, R134a, almoste everything is stock.

yes i have searched and searched i found good write ups but not how to do it without undoing the AC. the more i look at my disassembled heep the more im thinking theirs not enough give in the AC lines but i dont have the money to get the system evacuated and refilled. so any ideas???

I don't have a/c, so if I am out in left field just laugh and ignore me, but could you unbolt the front a/c components and get some more "stretch" into the cabin?

home.php

It's unfortunate that the non-CFC refrigerants have all leaked out of the system. Don't worry, after you service the heater core somebody can charge it back up for you.

Alldata doesn't show that, I tried to look. There's really no way to do the job without pulling the whole assembly completely out and apart. Probably should have had it evac'd while it still drove, huh?

That's too bad. I'm not picking on you, though it may seem like it.. often the supposed shortcuts end up taking several times the effort than what you were trying to avoid. Also if you follow good service information disassembly steps it only takes about an hour to pull the dash and another 20 for the heater box. I could send you that info but sounds like it's too late.

Good luck w/ the project..

Back