• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help mountint brush guard?

AshtonPJ

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a brush guard off craigslist yesterday and the guy had 2 of 4 brackets. Unfortunately, I can't even tell where they go. It looks like they could attach to the lower mount points and bolt to the front of and side of the chassis. I have yet to try it but I will tomorrow. I guess my question here is if anyone has had a brush guard like this one. If so, what do the brackets look like and where do they mount? It's different from what I've seen before. I'm used to the lower mount points being on the steel plates and bolted from the sides and then I usually see the top mounts are thin and only for support in the position you want the guard. However, on this one, the lower mount points are horizontal and on the lower bar, not the plates. and the uppers ones are on the plates and look to be very solid. This picture is a similar brush guard and I pointed out where the mounts would be.
1smallls.jpg

Is the brush guard XJ specific or is it a universal one-size-fits-all ? You didn't mention the brand name. Did you GOOGLE for instructions or pictures of it installed ?

In your diagram the upper mounts are in the grille area and won't work. The lower mounts are actually fog lamp mounting tabs. The two holes in the side plates ( the one near the bottom and the other just under the light guard) are the mounting points in the picture you posted.

Have tried dry fitting it yet ? Any pictures of what you have ?

I have seen brush guard that bolt to the face of the bumper only. Some use the factory bumper bolt holes and some don't. Others guards have a lower bracket that either ties into factory tow hook brackets or the guard came with its own frame brackets.

Last edited:
if it looks like anything you have in that pic then your gonna have to custom fab something up

The lower holes....fog light mounts....well I feel like an idiot! hahaha Thank you for settling that. Okay...but...the upper ones...yes they are in the grille area... they slide right into the grille perfectly when I hold it up to the jeep. I'm going to try a few things. I think I might have this. Thank you.

Back