• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

yj35 to xj 35?

harleydrifter

NAXJA Forum User
yeah i'm a newbee only to xj's I have a 88 xj 30 35 I have axles from a yj 30 35 will the carriers from the yj fit in my xj housings?

for the rear... don't bother with the D35... get yourself an 8.25 for the rear..... The D35 is not worth ANY of the effort.

They'll fit but you'll be putting in used gears and stuff, add that to the fact that you're working on a turdy-five and it's not worth the effort... do a 29spline 8.25 or an 8.8 (the former you can get ones that will bolt up, the latter will require welding perches/other hardware)

Yes. Approx 1.5-1.75" narrower WMS to WMS though, so make sure you check if you have enough space between the springs/wheel wells and the sidewall of your tires to accomodate this before swapping, or get spacers/a set of rims with less backspacing prior to the swap.

Back