• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 Skid Plate--fuel tank

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
Does anyone have a photo of an OEM fuel tank skid for a 2001 XJ?

I ordered one from a junk yard and I think they sent me one from an 85-96 model with the steel tank.

I did several searches on both the website and Google and couldn't find a damn thing!

Thanks!

Here is the gas tank skid from my 98 Sport. Should be exactly the same.

Gas_Tank_Skid_01_800x600.sized.jpg

Gas_Tank_Skid_02_800x600.sized.jpg

Also, check out http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=999756

Much obliged.

I just cut and pasted those photos onto an e-mail to the boneyard. They had already e-mailed back confirming it was their error and they would swap out the parts for me.

Great help! Appreciate it.

Oh yeah, I did find that older thread and thought that was probably the correct photo, but didn't really see anything that verified it in the posts.

Again, thanks...

I pulled a factory skid from a 95 model last week and it doesnt look like that at all. It is a full cover skid and doesnt have the open end as the one pictured.

I pulled a factory skid from a 95 model last week and it doesnt look like that at all. It is a full cover skid and doesnt have the open end as the one pictured.

The 97+ gas tank skids are different than the 96 and older ones. 96 & older XJ's had a steel tank. 97+ XJ's have a plastic tank.

The front skid & transfer case skid are completely interchangable. The gas tank skid, not so much.

Back