• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clearance Issues with 14 Bolt Rear

Mark817XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am starting to gather parts for my 1 Ton Conversion.

Ultimatley I want to do a tubular back half, Double Triangulated 4 Link Rear and Coil Overs.

In the mean time, I was going to use RE 5.5" Springs with boomarang shackles and bolt up the 14 Bolt.

My question is for the 1 Ton Leaf Spring guys out there, how much lift did you require to adequatley clear the gas tank?

I'm not concerned about it being super flexy I just need it to work. I want to keep it rolling and usable while I gather and build parts for the full conversion.

Thanks

relocate the gas tank, thats what I did. Im runninf a D60, with flipped springs. I cut a hole and raised the tank up

What size tire are you running?

relocate the gas tank, thats what I did. Im runninf a D60, with flipped springs. I cut a hole and raised the tank up

What size tire are you running?

At the moment, 33". When I'm all done I want to be on 42" and by that time I will be tubular from the back of the passenger door back.

So you think relocating the tank is necessary? Do you have any pics of yours?

I knew when I 4 linked it I'd be running a fuel cell.

How long are you gonna be running 33's with a 14 bolt. Thats gonna be an anchor. As far as lift I was about 6", and a bunch of cutting. The 14 bolt is a big beast. Best way to find out is throw it under there and find out.

298832671365.jpg

I won't be on 33's to long but I'll be leaf sprung a little longer than I'll be on 33's. I hope to be complete with the build by the summer. Maybe have front and rear installed but leaf sprung by january or february.

cut the wheel well in half, then cut out the back part. trimmed the outer fender. Im gonna build a traction/anit wrap bar before its all done.

put a 9" in... way smaller... way lighter... and way easier to deal with!

14bolts are for high horsepower rock rigs that like to rock bounce up obstacles.

Back