• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel tank

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
I have a 2001 Anniverary edition XJ.

I bought an OEM fuel tank skid plate from a Jeep only junkyard. It was removed from a 2000 XJ.

I went to install it this evening and the dang thing won't fit. My fuel tank is too large by a couple inches.

The fuel tank has the Chrysler star on it and is marked 2219 1N, so it is an OEM tank.

It appears, from reading the manual, that they only came in a 20 gallon capacity. Can anyone confirm that perhaps they used a larger tank on the Anniverary edition? Can anyone confirm that perhaps they switched tanks between 2000 and 2001?

Does anyone else have a 2219 1N stamped on the underside of their (plastic) fuel tank?

Anyone else run into issues with the OEM skid plate not fitting?

Thanks!

Did the same several weeks ago. Mine was about an inch off but a little leverage pushed the skid into place. Don't know what the number was on it though. According to the trip computer mine is a 17 gallon tank. :rolleyes:

Back