• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

np231 slip yoke...help..plz

RedJeep2.0

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
im buying SLIP YOKE ELIMINATOR, i have a 231 in my 88
im trying to see if a RR231 skyjacker will fit my 231.
i keep seeing it say 97-06 Wrangler
are they the same?
im geting it thrue work for 245.00 and the fix231 skyjacker is 300 but it says will fix 88 231....
im looking at them now and i dont see anything that is not the same.....

thank you

Just go to JB Conversions and get a USA made one!

PORC's customer service has been brought into question quite a bit lately.

Last edited:
i just read that you can use a front driveshaft out of a auto with a sye (hack and tap included). as a side note it is still good to measure to make sure you have the right length drive shaft.

I have a front driveshaft in the rear on my 8.25 equipped xj, with a hack n tap style SYE, it's worth mentioning that you'll need to replace the flange on the tcase end of the driveshaft if going with the typical flat flange type with the hack n tap setup.

just buy the advance adapters sye. comes with everything u need. idiot proof. hack n tap is ok but by the time u find the seal housing and buy the yoke u need u might as well buy the real deal.

i've been going back and fourth on wheather to put in a aa sye or hack and tap like gojeep(with a yokes of coarse). the yoke for the hack and tap will cost me $80+ and then i will need to modify the length, or ironrockoffroads yoke is already shortened for $119 and the seal flange will cost me $40 from iron rock offroad or i could make one(i'm a machinist) and figure by the time i buy the seal($12 @ napa) and the aluminum and then the time to machine the flange,i already paid for iron rock's seal flange with both time and money. so with everything considered i will be in too the hack and tap for $120-160(iro) .i think im going to just buy the aa kit for an extra $40 now that i know its possible to run a front shaft off an auto with my 89 auto, np231, d44,on a 5" lift. thank you guys

Back