• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Reason to hate the Unions

I'd imagine see that bowl would be very disturbing seeing someone eat it would be even moreso.

One individual makes a comment that is not backed up by the Union spokesman and that gives you another reason to hate Unions?

That's like not liking NAXJA because some members dick other members when selling parts.

say what you want, but im union and always will be. unions are the reason why we as workers have the rights that we have. stay united =]

say what you want, but im union and always will be. unions are the reason why we as workers have the rights that we have. stay united =]

That was the case in the 20s when there was no government intervention. It just isn't the case anymore. Also if you consider it a "right" to have three ply toiletpaper in all the bathrooms then you are doing something wrong.

Unions are one of many reasons American auto companies are no longer as competitive as they once were. Some unions are still needed, in industries where workers are still being screwed by the companies employing them, but many are no longer needed and are simply a leech on the system.

Unions are one of many reasons American auto companies are no longer as competitive as they once were. .

That is an incorrect statement.

The American Auto companies are no longer competitive because of mis-management. The managers bargained and agreed to meet Union proposals in the contracts. Those managers could have said "No, we don't agreed to your proposal" but they rolled over. Union workers are in the companies for the long haul, managers are in the revolving door always coming and going and getting out before they need to face the music.

Meg Whitman, former CEO of E-Bay is running for governor of California touts she has the experience rattling off all the passport stamps she got along the way, Disney, Hasbro, proctor & Gamble, Goldman-Sachs. She was born in 1956, one year before me. In my adult life I have held 3 positions, in the Coast Guard, at a Buick dealer, and now with San Francisco's Municipal Transportation Agency.

Another example: Our beloved XJ. Started the SUV trend, same basic design during complete production run from 1984-2001. Millions sold. MANAGEMENT not the workers Union decided to end production due to softening sales as other auto companies have flooded the market with similiar class vehicles. MANAGEMENT introduced the short lived Liberty. What 3 years of production? Followed with the Commander (another hot seller?).

I may no longer be Union, but I have seen first hand the good they have done for working people.

That is an incorrect statement.

The American Auto companies are no longer competitive because of mis-management. The managers bargained and agreed to meet Union proposals in the contracts. Those managers could have said "No, we don't agreed to your proposal" but they rolled over. Union workers are in the companies for the long haul, managers are in the revolving door always coming and going and getting out before they need to face the music.

Meg Whitman, former CEO of E-Bay is running for governor of California touts she has the experience rattling off all the passport stamps she got along the way, Disney, Hasbro, proctor & Gamble, Goldman-Sachs. She was born in 1956, one year before me. In my adult life I have held 3 positions, in the Coast Guard, at a Buick dealer, and now with San Francisco's Municipal Transportation Agency.

Another example: Our beloved XJ. Started the SUV trend, same basic design during complete production run from 1984-2001. Millions sold. MANAGEMENT not the workers Union decided to end production due to softening sales as other auto companies have flooded the market with similiar class vehicles. MANAGEMENT introduced the short lived Liberty. What 3 years of production? Followed with the Commander (another hot seller?).

I may no longer be Union, but I have seen first hand the good they have done for working people.

Um the liberty isnt shortlived. Its still being made 8 years later. And unions are a burden. Trust me I dont want some of the guys working for me to make as much as i do because they arent compitant enough to make that type of money.

Unions are one step above being on welfare/unemployment....guaranteed to get paid, even if you're not actually working? What a sham...

Unions are one step above being on welfare/unemployment....guaranteed to get paid, even if you're not actually working? What a sham...
Just like a state job or elected position in DC.

Yep...

Did you really just misspell competent? I don't think you are allowed to utilize that word and misspell it, that is just embarrassing.

I is educated................:dunce:

I never said I could spell very well. And I am to lazy to use spell check because I work to hard at work.

Yeah, competent is one of those words you're not allowed to misspell... same goes for retarded. I usually tell people they are too when they call someone "retarted". :roflmao:

Yeah, competent is one of those words you're not allowed to misspell... same goes for retarded. I usually tell people they are too when they call someone "retarted". :roflmao:

Going to create a furore over however it's always good to know we have someone to ensure correct spelling :D

Let me tell you a little Union story...

At the Chevron refinery in SLC we unload butane on a daily basis. Usually we haul between 4-9 loads a day in there and it takes us about 1.5-2 hours to unload. There is two unloading racks for us to use and if one of them goes down it can cause us major headaches because the loads can get backed up.

Here a few months ago a 3/8 inch nut fell off one of the T handles for the shut off valve at the end of the hose. Instead of fixing it(the nut was lying on the ground. It would have been a 5 second fix MAX) they shut that line down for three months. Whenever we asked them to fix the problem they said they were working on it but the pipefitters had to do it because it was in their contract that they had to fix any issue that came up. We couldn't fix it. The operators wouldn't because it was another union's job to do.

So for three months we suffered. I could have walked over...threaded the nut with my fingers tight enough to use it but nope...couldn't do it.

I see this kind of bull crap happen all the time.

My brother used to haul airbags to the different auto plants. When he went into a GM plant they would take all day to unload him. Sometimes it would be until the next day. He would deliver the same load to Toyota...2 hours max. All because of union mandated breaks.

I challenge anyone of you to justify this. It simply is laziness at its highest form...nothing else.

Back