• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help findind part or a way to fix my problem.

tbones88XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was installing lift gate shocks on my 88 Limited and 1 of the ball mounts broke. None of the local parts stores can get them and the dealer wants 6.50 each for them and has to order them. Does anyone know where I can find these or have a fix for them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

Salvage yard, might as well pick up some other goodies there so you can meet their minimum charge.

Relays, missing trim pieces, etc.

Junk yard! I keep a couple of spares that I've pulled.
Did you check the local parts store if the fix-it-yourself section. I'm sure the same type of ball mounts are used on other cars.
Or just pay the $6.50 and have it fixed in a couple of days.

I had the same problem except it broke off at the threaded end, flush with the mounting hole. Getting it out was a bee-otch, and by the time I did, the nutsert (or whatever it threaded into was toast).

So I went with the broomstick option for about 3 months. Then I found this at NAPA. I took off the plastic moulding, mounted it with a couple of sheet metal screws. It worked and it's been there for 4+ years, doing a fine job. Will also work to mount under the hood for a couple of hood struts.

000_0002_edited.jpg

Went and checked out that part at Napa today and while we where looking we found a universal type ballstud, part#735-1896 made by BALKAMP. We took it out and tried and it fit. Bought 4 of the for $10 and some change. $2.49 each and they are not made of that cheap soft metal. Hope some of you can use this info. :skull1:

Went and checked out that part at Napa today and while we where looking we found a universal type ballstud, part#735-1896 made by BALKAMP. We took it out and tried and it fit. Bought 4 of the for $10 and some change. $2.49 each and they are not made of that cheap soft metal. Hope some of you can use this info. :skull1:

If you have the part number it is always good to post it.

Back