• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sagging headliner.............with staples?

vikingsaretough

NAXJA Forum User
So, I've got quite a few things to do on my 90 Cherokee Laredo. Slowly getting though most of them.

The guy I bought this from decided it was a classy idea to staple the fully fallen headliner to the roof. With limited success. At this point staples are falling everywhere. The dome light is missing its plastic shell...
I'm pretty sure most of the fiber glass is missing.

Anyone have any advice for installation? I'm going to need to scrape the remaining fiberglass off. Is it difficult to tuck everything into the trim? What if i wanted a cool fabric print instead of the usual. Has anyone gone that route? Like clouds or something...hahah!

Well, I wouldn't be so sure the fiberglass is missing--PO had to staple into something.

Pull all the plastic trim, then remove the liner. Pull all the staples and remaining headliner. Get sealer and spray/roll it onto the fiberglass. Rough up the sealed surface and then apply a suitable adhesive for whatever headliner material you choose.

Most fabric stores sell headliner material, or you can get it through an auto upholstery shop. They usually have a backing material.

Some posters on here have used indoor/outdoor carpeting for extra thermal and sound protection.

Hello theres a place that sells a kit mine was about 30.00 had the head liner and glue .If you fiberglass is messed up then you will have to get one used some where. I will see if I can find the site for you .You may do a search on here i posted it a long time ago for some one elese but dont know how long ago it was.

Back