• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running the JKS rear shock relator setup??

x2elite

NAXJA Forum User
I have it. It works ok, giving you more shock travel and clearance (assuming you raise the axle side mounts)... but, you lose some of the dampening characteristics of the shock.

Here's a discussion about that:
http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/4R_suspension-III.shtml#ShockAngle

You could compensate by getting shocks with increased dampening. Or, build a shock hoop and run the shocks though the floor... which is what I plan to do eventually.

Also, just want to make sure you realize you need to modify your exhaust to install it.

I am running it as well. I cut and moved my lower shock mounts up by 2". I didn't want to use a really short travel shock so I went this route. I did have to reroute the exhaust which was a bit of a pain. I'll try and get pics of how I routed mine later and post them up.

I have been tossing the idea of getting it, but I am about to do an axle swap so I may end up waiting until after my axle swap just in case I may decide to make my own while I am already fabbing up some other parts. The principle of it is great, I just wanted to know if anyone had some real world experience with it. Where does it bolt in?

I have been tossing the idea of getting it, but I am about to do an axle swap so I may end up waiting until after my axle swap just in case I may decide to make my own while I am already fabbing up some other parts. The principle of it is great, I just wanted to know if anyone had some real world experience with it. Where does it bolt in?

It bolts in to the existing upper shock mounts (4 bolts). It's a beefy piece for sure. There's not much else to say. It works.

I've got one sitting on my garage floor waiting for install. If anyone could post up some pics of the exhaust re-route I'd really appreciate it. I'm planning on installing mine along with raised axle end shock mounts and hope to be able to run my 5.5" lift shocks with it for now. I definately need to do a little more research into shock/dampening options that would be better suited to this setup.

Keeping my fingers crossed that my upper shock mount bolts come out without a problem. One of the benefits I saw to this kit was never having to mess with them again (after the install).

this is the one baseballneal86 and I made, its a copy of the jks one. i have gotten airborn and this held up.

im just running a cat with no muffler....i really dont see how you can run a stock exhaust, i had to cut mine off because it was in the way. sry for the poor quality cellphone pics, and its raining

1119091446.jpg

1119091446a.jpg

1119091447.jpg

I've got one sitting on my garage floor waiting for install. If anyone could post up some pics of the exhaust re-route I'd really appreciate it.

No pictures, but I just cut the exhaust off after the muffler and put a down-turn on it. Has worked fine so far.

PM KSxj on here. The Jeep I just got from him has it and you can ask him if he liked it. I haven't had a chance to mess around with the jeep much to tell you if I like it, but he will tell you--------------Kyle

I keep forgetting to post some pics of how mine is set up. I rerouted the exhasut and now it follows the rear frame rail.

P1000599.jpg

P1000601.jpg

Thanks for the pic! That's the first I've seen aside from installing a turndown after the muffler. I was picturing it going over the shock mount (between the mount and cargo floor area) and was worried that might cause some heat issues in the cargo area. No clearance problems on full passenger side compression with it following the frame rail? I'll have to bring this pic in to my exhuast guy when I get my new system bent up.

=) that would be great to use and all but when i threw out my rear sway bar idk what i did with my mounts. my shocks are too short, so im doing the axle mount relocation for now, and BPE as i get new shocks

Thanks for the pic! That's the first I've seen aside from installing a turndown after the muffler. I was picturing it going over the shock mount (between the mount and cargo floor area) and was worried that might cause some heat issues in the cargo area. No clearance problems on full passenger side compression with it following the frame rail? I'll have to bring this pic in to my exhuast guy when I get my new system bent up.

I had the turndown set up first, but on one wheeling trip I caught the exhaust on some rocks and ripped most of it out. I figured if I was going to redo it, I would rather have the fumes dumping out the rear.

I haven't has any issues with the exhaust getting in the way under full compression. For my set up, everything clears just fine. I made sure it ws far enough away from the shocks too so it doesn't get hot. FWIW, I am sitting at about 5" of lift in the rear. When I redid the exhaust, I went up to 2.5". The stock hanger in the very rear doesn't really work that well becasue there is to much play in it. I need to change how the straight rear section is mounted.

I'm not saying it's the perfect set up, but it works.

I haven't had any issues witht he shocks not being able to handle the rebound. I got those Edelbrock IAS shocks on closeout. They were actually for a Mazda/Ford pickup. They have about 10" of travel and have worked out fine for me.

Back