• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Stabilizer/ and Shocks Upgrade Questions???

btm757

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have a Stock XJ However on my quest to get it Trail Ready i am slowly upgrading what i can afford.

I have a quick question about upgrading the steering stabilizer and shocks to a more HD version.

What would be the best to upgrade to?
Skyjacker
Bilstein
Rancho
Or any other good ones?
I would like Fox Shocks but they dont make them for XJs

I would like to eventually have 4" of lift so i would like to have something that will work when i get it lifted too.

Help would be awesome, THANKs

Well, everyone seems to call Skyjacker Skycrapper around here, and I've seen a lot of people saying they liked Rancho RS9000s but that they wore out too fast so they replaced em with Bilsteins. No real experience on this though, I'm still running autismzone $17 specials, the bright red Gabriel Guardian ones. I figure I'll use them till I end up blowing them up by using them as limit straps and bumpstops.

I would like Fox Shocks but they dont make them for XJs

Any reputable offroad shop can order 2.0's with oem fitment on an xj/tj.

mine are stud top/bar pin bottom on the fronts, and bar pin on top and eye on bottom out rear (no adapters to complicate things)

..it'd be cool to stuff some fox's on a stock rig, but at 800$+ for a new set they might be a bit much.

Yeah its stock for now.

But yeah i do need to do skids for sure.

I plan on 31x10.5 on 15x7 with 4" of lift. Right now im a little low on cash until i can get a better job. but i think for not i will go with the bilstiens

yeah shocks are expensive. lift your jeep then get the shocks you want

Back