• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anybody know how to rig a bar from a 97 up stock roof rack to fit a 96 or older?

thechief86

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys, i have a crossbar from a 97 up xj with 4 lights on it, and i'm trying to get it to work on my stock rack rails. the bar is a good 6" shorter than what i'd need it to be to try to use the mounts from my 89, and i'm looking for some ideas on how to make the mounts work that are on the "lightbar" the jeep already has a cheapo roofrack that was on there when i got it, mounted to the stock roofrack, along with 2 extra cross bars in the back that i think are the factory originals. i can slide the aftermarket rack back a bit, and i have a good spot to mount the homemade "lightbar" my friend gave me. here is a pic of the jeep with out the light bar to give you an idea of what i want to do.
could i possibly grind down the 97 up mounts to get them to fit on the older rack slider? not worth it to me to swap the whole assembly off a newer xj just for the lights. i'm just tryin to see what i can rig.:hang:

PB090393.jpg

Back