• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Karl Strauss Brewery for a Wedding?

tharlanjr

NAXJA Forum User
So I am working on getting married next year sometime and the Fiance' and I are trying to figure out where we want to have it.

She wants a garden type place and we saw the Karl Strauss Brewery does weddings.

Have any of you been to their brewery? I looked on their website and it looks really nice.

We are planning on about 150 people. They have plenty of room there.

Here's a link for you.

http://www.karlstrauss.com/PAGES/Eats/GroupEvents/Weddings.html

Just wanted to get some opinions on the place and the price.

For the one we want its $55 a person and that includes...
Linens
Tables
Chairs
Silverware
China
Wedding cake provided by San Diego’s leading Bakeries
Disc Jockey
Custom Menus
Complimentary Heaters
Complimentary Parking Area
On Site Friendly Professional Staff to help coordinate your event

Plus there is a $650 Ceremony Fee.

So yea, what are some of your thoughts on this place...
:looney:

If you were in Orange County, I would suggest Turnip Rose. Very beautiful garden areas and awesome food.

Ring is already bought, we have been engaged for almost 3 years already, lol.

Her Parents are paying for the majority of the wedding, and she already picked out the dress.

We just gotta pick out the date which is the hard part, haha.

We weren't planning on spending this much, but it is perfect for us esp the food choices.

So its just a matter of figuring out when and saving what we can...

My wife wanted an outdoor wedding on the beach, we looked around, turnip rose was expensive, Dana point was expensive, everywhere we looked was expensive. We took a little trip up to Ventura for a get away weekend and ended up going to the santa barbara zoo while we were up there. Turns out they did weddings, We got married at the Santa Barbara zoo. It was bitchin, almost on the beach, outdoor, and the perfect weather. It was alot cheaper than anywhere close to us, well worth the 2+ hour drive.

Back