• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

making a bastard pack with XJ leaf packs

SDHREDXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I'm looking to get an extra inch of lift or so in the read of my XJ since I have a shackle in the rear with my BB but my original leaf packs are sagging a bit. I already have a set of leaf packs from another XJ and am curious if anyone knows which leaf I should use from those packs to get another inch or so of lift.

Thanks, Sean

hello I just did this to mine had a set of new springs from Quartrack .I couldnt get the frame bolt out so just cut off the eyes from new main leaf and instaled the new springs .I was at 14 3/4 in now at 18 .Drives a lot better and the ride is nice .Keep my old springs may add the sec spring under it lated if needed.

Main leaf for 1", main + second for 2", fully mate the packs for 3". If you use a lot of friction reducers you might get around 2.5" from the fully mated packs.

IMO it's the best bang for the buck at 3" of lift. Add 1.5" shackles & HD Offroad brackets down the road and you are looking at a quality 5" of lift for 160 bucks + junkyard springs and a little time in building the packs. Call it 200 including u bolts & centering pins.

I have 2" RC adjustable shackles back there already. I found one write up using the main and the second to gain 3" so I'm going to use the main leaf. thanks guys

Just add the mail leaf after cutting the eyes off.
You want them long.

This will give ya an idea of what I did...
(my pack was sagging and it just flattened out my springs)

http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoMainLeaf.htm

This will sshow ya how to make your own spring clamps.....

http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/home_brew_budget_boost.htm

Fendertrim005.jpg

Daystar BB... spacer/shackle ... net lift 1 3/4 inch and 31's

Last edited:
I only gained 1/2 in to mine over stock.I used the mid one from quartrack .I shoud have been at 18 1/2 or 19 " .I will give it some time then may have to add the second leaf.

Back