• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who knows about wells and the associated pumps that go with them?

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
Our house is on a well. It has a pump outside at the well and a large water tank, and another pump in the laundry room attached to a smaller tank. The one in the laundry room just burned itself up. It's a 1/2 hp motor, model number C48H2EC11 from Sta-Rite.
Basically what I'm wondering about is what this pump actually did. Was it responsible for getting water to the ouse, or only giving us good pressure in the shower? It must've seen a voltage spike because our circuit breaker tripped and shut the whole house down. We only had the TV, DVD player, and my laptop on. Shortly after resetting the breaker, we start noticing a smoky smell. After finally tracking it down to the laundry room, I felt the motor and it was hot. Then I saw the tell tale black streak on the motor.

Its not a voltage spike. It was just the motor shorted itself out. Then after turning power back on it finished its suicide.

My parents house in Arizona had only one pump out at the well. I would guess your second pump was to bump the pressure up a bit to the house.

Well that's reassuring. Low water pressure sucks, but it's better than no water pressure. Besides, this pump has been sketchy from day one.

"Okay dear, I'm about to rinse the soap out of my beard, I'll need some good brisk pumps!"

old_water_pump.jpg

Back