• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NW Chapter BOD Nominees acceptance speeches

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
I Know I would like to hear a little about the folks running for BOD. I know the nominees (so far) personally to some extent but i am sure some of you may not know them at all. There is a bit of a gap separating the northern folks from the PDX / Vanc folks and a bunch more scattered throughout the PNW. Most of us have met at one time or another, but there are alot of folks who have never met these guys in person or had a chance to talk about there views and ideas about NAXJA and the NW Chapter etc...

That being said how bout each of the nominees starting a thread with a lil info about themselves, who they are, there ideas and views on the NW Chapter, bribes for the voting public, how they are gonna save the world etc...

we will get these threads stickied throughout the elections so that members can ask questions individually and have a lil discussion in order to help make a better decision about which person to vote for.

I know i plan on being around for a while and the future of this Chapter is important to me and I am sure it is important to you. Please keep these threads / discussions on a serious level, as it is a serious matter. Lets put the right people in the right positions and make the NW Chapter better than ever !

:patriot: Rod aka Mojo

Last edited:
I think I'm the only one who accepted a nomination. :dunno:

Basically what I want to see come out of 2010 is another great NWF, more official NWC runs, and more chapter involvement. I have a few new ideas regarding NWF, but for the most part I think we have a good foundation to work with. Unfortunately NWF has become our only official chapter run, and I'm hoping that will change in the upcoming year. I would like to plan out a list of chapter runs throughout the whole year. This will not only give us a chance to wheel together more than once a year (personally I would like to see some more WA places), but also an incentive for new members. Lastly, I hope the chapter picks up in the next year. It seems like it's pretty much flat lined lately. We had a good group of people, a ton of activity, and a lot of members around ~06-07'. I hope we can have that again.

I think I'm the only one who accepted a nomination. :dunno:

Basically what I want to see come out of 2010 is another great NWF, more official NWC runs, and more chapter involvement. I have a few new ideas regarding NWF, but for the most part I think we have a good foundation to work with. Unfortunately NWF has become our only official chapter run, and I'm hoping that will change in the upcoming year. I would like to plan out a list of chapter runs throughout the whole year. This will not only give us a chance to wheel together more than once a year (personally I would like to see some more WA places), but also an incentive for new members. Lastly, I hope the chapter picks up in the next year. It seems like it's pretty much flat lined lately. We had a good group of people, a ton of activity, and a lot of members around ~06-07'. I hope we can have that again.

Ditto, vote for me and all your wildest dreams will come true! :patriot:

Last edited:
Insert NAXJA where appropriate to really get the patriotic feel.

This is always an important day for our country, for the reasons that the vice president said. It is an unusual and, I think, unusually important day today. I may not be quite as easy with my words today as I have been in years past, and I was up rather late last night thinking about and praying about what I ought to say today. And rather unusual for me, I actually tried to write it down. So if you will forgive me, I will do my best to say what it is I want to say to you - and I may have to take my glasses out to read my own writing.

First, I want to say to all of you that, as you might imagine, I have been on quite a journey these last few weeks to get to the end of this, to the rock bottom truth of where I am and where we all are.

I agree with those who have said that in my first statement after I testified I was not contrite enough. I don't think there is a fancy way to say that I have sinned.

It is important to me that everybody who has been hurt know that the sorrow I feel is genuine: first and most important, my family; also my friends, my staff, my Cabinet, Monica Lewinsky and her family, and the American people.

A couple of days ago when I was in Florida a Jewish friend of mine gave me this liturgy book called ''Gates of Repentance.'' And there was this incredible passage from the Yom Kippur liturgy. I would like to read it to you:

''Now is the time for turning. The leaves are beginning to turn from green to red to orange. The birds are beginning to turn and are heading once more toward the south. The animals are beginning to turn to storing their food for the winter. For leaves, birds and animals, turning comes instinctively. But for us, turning does not come so easily. It takes an act of will for us to make a turn. It means breaking old habits. It means admitting that we have been wrong, and this is never easy. It means losing face. It means starting all over again. And this is always painful. It means saying I am sorry. It means recognizing that we have the ability to change. These things are terribly hard to do. But unless we turn, we will be trapped forever in yesterday's ways. Lord help us to turn, from callousness to sensitivity, from hostility to love, from pettiness to purpose, from envy to contentment, from carelessness to discipline, from fear to faith. Turn us around, O Lord, and bring us back toward you. Revive our lives as at the beginning, and turn us toward each other, Lord, for in isolation there is no life.''

I thank my friend for that. I thank you for being here. I ask you to share my prayer that God will search me and know my heart, try me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any hurtfulness in me, and lead me toward the life everlasting. I ask that God give me a clean heart, let me walk by faith and not sight.

I ask once again to be able to love my neighbor - all my neighbors - as myself, to be an instrument of God's peace; to let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart and, in the end, the work of my hands, be pleasing. This is what I wanted to say to you today.

Thank you. God bless you.
:us:

On a more serious note though, I feel I have a proven record of helping to organize NAXJA events and have done so for the enjoyment of everyone involved. Damn it, I wore a party hat to prove it! What did TORX wear? That’s right, not a party hat! In addition, at the risk of liable, he kicks puppies and pushes over handicapped children. I have given secretly and freely out of my wife’s own purse to ensure more people were able to leave with a prize at NWFest. This coming year will be no different, whether I’m elected or not, I will continue to steal money from my wife so I don’t have to use my Jeep funds and offer up any support to the local chapter to keep us acting as a family. The number of club runs have died off, the number of get togethers have died off, the power of the NAXJAW name has died off, my rabbit died off (he wasn’t actually mine and I didn’t really care), anyway a lot of things have died off and with the death of MJ still looming, we all need to do our part to breathe new life into the club and with your help, I know I am the one capable of picking up where the others that have left off.
Many of you know that I have been a bit quite on the board lately due to an ongoing fight with NAXJA National and their way of running things (into the ground). While I’ve been fighting with them behind the scenes, it has been for the benefit of not just the NW chapter, but for all of NAXJA. My concerns have been with their lack of support and lack of responsible self governing of the BODs. We have lost far too many members due to their actions; we have lost far too many forum users as well. We are a membership based club and without members, we lose out on a lot of opportunities to promote the sport we love and bleed for. I want to reinstall that sense of pride so many of us once had for being part of a NAXJA. I want each one of you to be proud to say you are a part of NAXJA. I want to be able to bring back those that have left the “realm of the red”, I want them to come back and offer their knowledge of trails and our beloved XJ. I want to make it more inviting for people to join our cause of trail preservation and responsible wheeling. More importantly than what I want is that YOU want to share my beliefs in what NAXJAW has the potential to be once again.
I’m not going to sugar coat it, we have lost a lot of great people and NAXJA has, for a lack of better words, become a bit of a joke. Let’s lead by example and become a chapter for others to model themselves after. Let’s build the NW Chapter back up together. Let’s bring back the pride of saying we are from NAXJA!!!
Ask not what I can do for NAXJAW, but what you can do for me to get new tires. Can I get an amen?

Last edited:
Well, i guess since this was my idea, I gotta post something up as well.

My Name is Rod, I've been with NAXJA since 2006. In that time i've seen the club have its ups and downs. Ive seen the forums packed as well as the runs and M&G's. On the other hand ive seen the forum dead for weeks at a time and 1 or two people show up for a semi-organized M&G. I hear all kinds of talk about how there should be / could be more events every year. Personally I think we have tons of events every year. The trip reports and postings on the board prove that. Although they may not be BOD sanctioned and NAXJA sponsored, they are still one hell of a good time ! I guess i see it as this CLUB is what you make of it. If you sit around waiting for someone to sponsor an event your butt may get sore. National is not going to do a whole lot more than once a year. If you wanna wheel or have a meet n greet, well post up when and where and make it happen. I personally have no experience leading a club like this. So it is a learning experience for me what can be done, what needs to be done, etc... there is no rule book that comes with the BOD positions that says "here is what you need to do". I know what i would like to do, but time, work and family don't always cooperate. That being said it's up to you guys to step up and speak up about what you want. I will do my best to accomplish what i can.

I would like to see much more involvment in the areas of land use / trail adoptions. We've made some great first steps towards this over the last few months and I am looking forward to seeing this go much further. I am sure Dustin will continue to take the lead on this and I will support him 100%.

all in all I think the NW Chapter has alot of great people with great ideas etc... I am hoping by serving a 2nd term that the little bit of experience i've gained over the last year will help in pulling this club back together a little and accomplish some great things in 2010 !

age/job/education
What he feels are the top issues with NWC and how he plans on fixing them.

I'd like a little background before voting :)

I guess my first post was a little short.

My name is Dustin, I'm 20 years old, go to school full time, and work part time. I've been on NAXJA since 2004, and I've seen the NWC grow from a few people to very active chapter in that time.

If I were to be elected President my main goals would be to bring more activity to the chapter, put on another great NWF, and concentrate more on local land use issues.

In order to bring more activity to the chapter I would plan out official runs throughout the entire year. I would hope to see at least one trip a month happening. This would give everyone a chance select a few runs, travel to a new ORV area, and get to interact with the NWC members out on the trail. I also believe having several meet-n-greets throughout the year would be a great way to boost chapter activity. I know we used to have a PDX meet-n-greet on a monthly basis, and one time we had 25 people show up!

As far as NWF is concerned, I believe we have a good foundation to work with. It's by far our biggest run of the year, and is something everyone looks forward to. I've attended three NWF's, and have some new ideas for this years event. I think last years event was a HUGE success, but I know several people thought it may have been too big. I want to hear everyone's opinions on past events, and what they would like to see from this years event.

Lastly, I think we could step up our involvement with land use based issues, awareness, and participation. I've gotten a good look at how our local ORV area (TSF) operates form the inside this past year, by attending multiple work parties and clean ups on behalf of the NWC. I also pushed for a trail adoption (#16a Saddle Up) for us PDX folks, and I'm excited about the oppurtunities it will bring in the upcoming year. I also know the north end of the chapter has adopted a trail at Walker Valley. I want to keep that going as well to strengthen the relationship between the NWC and the DNR. Reiter is a large issue too. I think it would be great to have some NWC members working with the DNR on the rebuild. I know if I were closer I would lend a hand, but that 4+ hour drive gets in the way. I'm also a huge supporter of the local Yacolt Burn ORV project, and would consider myself involved with that as well.

NAXJA is my #1 club. I wear a NAXJA hoodie almost daily. Sadly, it seems like the NWC is a joke to many people, and it hurts me to see this. I want to change that in 2010, and have our members be proud to belong to the NWC.

Dustin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back