• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

options for control arms

tizzdizz

NAXJA Forum User
So I need new control arm bushings, as mine are shot. I'm currently running a Rubicon Express 2" BB with 31x10.5 tires, and of course they rub at full lock. I had read that swapping in wrangler control arms would be beneficial because they have a different shape that clears tires better. Does anyone know what year and where I might find some? Can't find stock replacements online, so far I've only come across aftermarket ones, which I don't think I need with my lift.

My thinking is that I might as well swap in some new control arms (with bushings), if I'm going to go to the trouble of replacing the bushings. A friend suggested that instead I should simply adjust the steering stops and just do the bushings, since it's a cheaper approach. Thoughts?

What you're thinking of is WJ (gen II grand cherokee) LCAs, not Wrangler LCAs as far as I know. Check eBay, and if you have any local 4x4 shops you may be able to get some for free / very very cheap from them as they may have done a lift on a WJ recently.

Back