• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

This will give you a chubby.

Mc2KXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Here are a few pics from the “Work sucks, let’s have a snow run instead of working” snow run. :)
So, who’s Jonesing for the next hypothermia run? Guess what, Tinkham Rd has been reopened after the pit!!!
Waiting at the Denny Creek exit
Photo_111309_002.jpg

Sweet poser shot.
PB120629.jpg

PB120632.jpg

The end of the road.
PB120635.jpg

PB120636.jpg

PB120634.jpg

Ian stuck
PB120638.jpg

PB120639.jpg

PB120647.jpg

PB120653.jpg

PB120656.jpg

Ian on the phone with ACRO after losing his transmission.
PB120662.jpg

The long road back down with Ian in tow
PB120664.jpg

And finally back down the mountain where Ian waits for the flatbed to load up his non-XJ. :)
PB120666.jpg

Sweet, looks like a good start to a snow run!!

Rich, did you guys make it all the way to the upper gate?
What were the snow conditions like?

I have to get my Jeep back together!!
Michael

anybody interested in old cascade highway anytime soon?

Sweet, looks like a good start to a snow run!!

Rich, did you guys make it all the way to the upper gate?
What were the snow conditions like?

I have to get my Jeep back together!!
Michael

We made it past the upper gate, unless you are talking about the Water Shed gate as being the upper gate. The snow was very dry on the top layer (4") and then compacted wet snow for the rest (12").

you guys don't know how jealous a tennesseean is! i love snow wheelin! we might get a decent dusting once every 3 or 4 years:(
one day, i will wheel in balls deep snow. i'm coming to colorado and utah next year, but it'll be in june, so i guess i'll miss out on this stuff.

For many of us, Winter wheeling is the most enjoyable season!!

Rich, I consider the water shed gate the upper gate. So, I assume you guys made it to the gravel pit area and didn't go beyond there, correct?
Any tracks at all other than yours?

Michael

Rich, I consider the water shed gate the upper gate. So, I assume you guys made it to the gravel pit area and didn't go beyond there, correct?
Any tracks at all other than yours?

Michael

I don't know if you have been up there since mid-summer, but the gate near the railroad trestle was moved to where the pit is and was locked the last time I was up there but we took a chance anyway. Luckily it was open and we made it within about a ¼ mile from the water shed gate, blazing a new trail the whole way.

can i go on a snow run with no front gears or axle shafts?

think of my rig as a underpowered, solid axled, leaf sprung Trophy Truck! :laugh3:

With the way you drive I think you'll still have a good run before you get owned. ;)

i cant wait for the hypo run! im gonna try to make it this year finally.

what day did you guys head up to naches? we (eldorado dust devils) headed over the naches trail on saturday morning and spent all day over there.

did you guys run the kaner (676) trail up to the rocks?

o cool. we tried going all the way up the 676 and through the lilly ponds to get up top but there was too much snow and it got too slick

Back