• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how do i removie my abs

pyrothugg

NAXJA Forum User
im looking to get a snorkle but according to airflow and many other companies it is incompatable with my abs system on my 01. seing as i already upgraded my rear axle which was non abs compatable anyway. i was wondering if there was a good write up on how to completly get rid of my entire abs unit and move whatever i have to move or change what ever i have to change to get my snorkle on. as of yet i havent found any real helpful writeups.

im looking to get a snorkle but according to airflow and many other companies it is incompatable with my abs system on my 01.
And the pictures that were posted in your thread asking if the Airflow was compatible showed you exactly why it was not.

as of yet i havent found any real helpful writeups.
Interesting, took less than 5 minutes to find this one. I'd say its pretty helpful.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=940577

Does the snorkle come with any instructions regarding this?

No, the Airflow snorkel does not come with instructions for this. They would need to supply instructions to remove the entire ABS system, which is not what they do. They make snorkels. I'm sure there would be a good deal of liability too, if someone messed up their brake system by trying to follow their instructions, and ended up crashing their Jeep and hurting someone.
Here are some pictures showing how the ABS interferes.

Last edited:
i found the 1st link a while ago that you guys provided and it really wasnt helpfull im more of the kind of person that learns by what i can see not what i can read so pics are helpfull.

Back