• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cruise control not working whats next

danny Benavidez

NAXJA Forum User
Some time ago curise control will just turn itself off or will not turn on at all.
When that happens i can restart the jeep and than cruise control will turn on and work fine for some time.

But now the system dis not turn on at all even if I restart the jeep

I do not have any vacuum leaks under the battery

I have replaced the circuit board inside the speed control servo package and
also replaced the idle air control. And replaced the switch on the steering wheel

I look thue the wiring diagrams and I can not for a fuse than works with the Cruise control

www.BlueXJ.com

My money would be on a leaking vacuum line. Your jug (reservoir) would be a likely place. If it hasn't been moved it should be behind the bumper on the passenger side.

Your symptoms sound like you had a small leak at first, but now that leak has gotten worse.

maybe not related but my keyless entry also dos not work.
I was starting to think my BCM = body control module is going bad
however my sentry key dos works

XJs don't have BCMs. The devices on the CCD bus are the ECM, TCU, ABS control module, airbag control module, gauge cluster, and possibly the OHC (compass/temp) module depending on year?

As for why it's cutting out - check the switches on your brake pedal. One of them is in charge of telling the cruise control to stop doing its thing so you can stop the car.

Also, can you PLEASE spellcheck/proofread your posts? I had to read this thread about four times before I could really figure out what you were talking about.

Back