• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Flat Fenders?

HornedFrogHooah

NAXJA Forum User
I really like the look and purpose of "flat fenders" on the YJs.
zw-1200461.gif

Well I'm racking my brain on how to make build that concept onto my XJ. I personally think it would look pretty durn fantastical...
flatfenders.jpg

The dark grey is tubular pipe, light grey is sheet metal. Part 1 would be parallel to the ground and wide enough to to protect 33x12.5s (later purchase, when it's no longer a DD). Part 2 would be a cosmetic piece connecting part 1 to the body of the jeep - it'd be slanted between the two - 45* on the x and z axis (i think, lol). The red is everything that would be cut away...

Idea or suggestions? I hope the above makes sense, because I know my Paint skills are not that amazing...

Buy flat top fiberglass flares. Same look, coverage, but just don't lean them against a rock. I'm not sure otherise if it would really be plausible tyo do on an XJ with steel flares on account of the fact that our fenders are a completely different, vertical shape than TJ or YJ fenders.

Back