• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will a glasspack kill my low-end torque?...

Jip

NAXJA Forum User
When I got my '96 Cherokee 4.0 auto, it had a rattling cat on it, so I replaced it with a Magnaflow unit, and also replaced the stock muffler with a cheap Thrush 'cherry bomb' glasspack. Well, its loud of course, but I've been driving around with it for at least a couple years.

I was driving around the other day with a headache and the loudness was getting on my nerves, and I got to thinking that I might just get a muffler shop to weld a factory type muffler back on it, plus I started thinking that I might pick up a 'little' more low-end torque. Do you think I would pick up some low-end if I ditch the straight through glasspack?

Thanks!

i think a glasspack on a 4.0, WITH a full tailpipe after it, sounds pretty good. with the exhaust dumping right at the end of the glasspack it sounds like poo.

If you dont like getting headache's anymore goto Autozone and buy a OEM muffler, It's alot smaller then StockOEM yet it will quiet your rig down alot and they're pretty cheep.

Back