• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FUBARXJ, now more FUBAR (aka why you need a cage)-

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
You all know Doug; first to lend a hand when the going gets tough and sweat pants dancer champion. He was coming down Liberty Road back towards camp in the evening and got blinded by the sun. Dusty windshield, looking straight into the sun, zero viz. He hit the brakes to come to a controlled stop, but by the time he'd reached 3 mph and could see again, his front tire was already going off the edge.

Doug estimates a 100 yard near verticle drop, rolling at least three times and coming to a rest with the nose pointing straight up in that air, resting on the hatch and the roof wedged against a tree. This kept him from rolling down the cliff further. He's more or less okay, bad bang on the head and stiff muscles, but okay. As you can see in the pictures, he got very, very lucky:

612.jpg

613.jpg

616.jpg

618.jpg

621.jpg

623.jpg

624.jpg

625.jpg

Get a cage folks.

www.thoseguysrodandcustoms.com

-----Matt-----

Damn Doug, I'm really glad you walked away from this one. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to let me know.

As I said on PNW, glad you're ok Doug! If you need a hand with the rebuild/tear down process, please let me know, you know I'm not far. And after all you've done for me it's the least I can do.

~Scott

Glad your OK Doug.

WOW Doug!!!

Sorry to hear about your loss, glad to hear that you are better than you obviously could have been!!

Take your time on the recovery, you old guys need more time to let the body heal ;)

Regards,
Michael

Back