• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie with a new lift/wheels/tires.....and a question

dirtyjerz5.0

NAXJA Forum User

after a 3" rustys full leaf pack with cragers and 31 BFG MT's

now the question.....

getting some slight rubbing on the front bumper when making hard turns...what do you guys recommend for trimming the plastic

sawzall!!!!!...or a careful angle grinder, plastic can get scary.

Oh, and next time you have your wheels balanced, have the shop mount the weights on the inside of the rim.

yea those weights will be gone the first time u wheel.

also, just take off ur fender flares, and cut where u think its hitting then re apply the flares.. or just take them off completely..

no fender flares FTW.

Only if you have alloys. Steel wheel weights can be put on either side of the wheels.

so can some alloys. i've had many that were balanced on the outside. i will always balance inside and out for a better balance. if the weights fall off during my occasional wheeling trip, then i'll just take it in and have it re-balanced.

Bead balance FTW! no need to pay someone else to do it for you.

Oh and for the OP, I took mine out and flexed out the suspension after I put my lift on, everything the tires tore off, I left off, then trimmed some more.

...just static balance it. What it does is take the difference of the weight its out of balance on both sides and comes up with a calculation or difference. Then just hammer on (or stick on) the inside of the wheel. Simple and it works like a charm

thats a real clean looking jeep do you plan on doing alot of wheeling with it? if so your not gonna have much room to flex those tires. if your doing alot of offroading i would take the flares off completely and use an angle grinder and cut the fenders then put door molding on the sharp edge. heres what i did:

GetAttachment5.jpg

GetAttachment4.jpg

if your not doing alot of wheeling disregard everything i just said and take a sawzall to the bumper caps, i assume thats where your hitting.

after a 3" rustys full leaf pack with cragers and 31 BFG MT's

now the question.....

getting some slight rubbing on the front bumper when making hard turns...what do you guys recommend for trimming the plastic

what did you do inorder to center the front axle. drill new hole in trackbar axle mount? adjustable trackbar? nothing? sometimes rubbering can occur because the front axle isnt centered after lifting

thats a real clean looking jeep do you plan on doing alot of wheeling with it? if so your not gonna have much room to flex those tires. if your doing alot of offroading i would take the flares off completely and use an angle grinder and cut the fenders then put door molding on the sharp edge. heres what i did:

GetAttachment5.jpg

GetAttachment4.jpg

if your not doing alot of wheeling disregard everything i just said and take a sawzall to the bumper caps, i assume thats where your hitting.

yeah its pretty much gonna be a mall crawler. More of a fun DD that im gonna use to go hunting/fishing with and not bother to take the M3 :)

Dremel with a fiberglass reinforced wheel makes quick work of the plastic.

I'm a fan of using a good sharp razor blade in a boxcutter, makes really good clean cuts. If I need to get something done real quick or I'm lazy, I'll cut 1/16" inside the lines I actually want with a fiber cutoff wheel like FlexdXJ said to, then trim/clean up/whittle down the edges with a boxcutter till they're in the right place.

Back