• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire Width vs Width

J-Roc

NAXJA Forum User
Last night bought some 15x8 Soft 8's
Would I be asking for trouble if I bought a 30x9.5x15 BFG MT and ran it on the 8" rim? Is the tire wide enough for an 8" rim or will I have to suck it up and run a 31x10.5x15? Searched but I didn't find any info concerning a smaller tire...

Well first you mean is the rim too wide for the tire and no its not. You just wont be able to run low PSI when airing down if you want to air down. If you can get 31's and can fit them. Then get them instead of getting 30's now and 31's next month

i ran some 30x9.5 good years on 15x8 Canyon wheels with no problem, never aired down though

30x9.5 was/is available from the factory on 15x8 rims on Wranglers, so I don't see a problem there.

My AC compressor is pooched ATM so gives me an excuse for OBA hehe. However, since I am still a newbie wheeler, I don't think I'll be airing down much in the beginning...Currently worried about Vibs from too much lift so I just want to stick with 2-2.5" of lift and 30's if I can.

from my own personal experince get the 10.5's youll be able to air down youll have a wider foot print while wheeling and most of all your gona want 31's anyways trust me I had said I was gona stick with my 235's for ever since with 4 inches of lift I could flex like crazy but the difernce of having a wider tire has more than once saved my ass since the switch

Back