• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need part suggestion on 4.5 lift

Jeepcrush4

NAXJA Forum User
I have everything minus track bar bracket and longer brake lines. Someone mentioned that I can use rear brake lines from a 94' Dakota(remanufactured). Is this true? Would I need an adjustable track bar or can I just use a bracket instead? Lastly, would I need a longer pitman arm? It's a complete Rough country spring lift kit which is used for little less than a year. Can anyone send me any links to any particular brands to purchase? I'm looking fir cost effective. Thanks!!!

longer pitman arm is not needed. to fix your track issue you can re drill your lower mounting hole 3/4" to the right of the existing hole. as for brakelines i would just go on rough country's site and pick some xj lines up.

94-98 dodge ram rear brake line RAYBESTOS Part # BH38636

and 95 YJ front brakes lines work amazing, it dosent matter if u get ABS or non ABS lines...non abs r just cheaper

I use 90's Chevy front brake lines from a 1500 2wd and for the rear I am using a 96 or so Dodge Dakota 2wd. They work great and have plenty of length at where I am sitting. 5-6" of lift.

At 4" my e-brake cables were way to short as well so I used 2 passenger side YJ cables and it works great. Here is the info on them
http://www.4x4wire.com/jeep/tech/brakes/xjhoseext02/

Thanks man, very appreciated.

As I was inspecting the rear shackles, I can see some surface cracks on them. Are there any stock height rear shackles that are greasable?

bought Stainless Steal Brake Lines from Rusty's! They were cheaper than RE and the amazing customer service at RE made me wanna buy from Rusty's even though I live 10 miles from RE...
So I walk into RE and ask them for SSBL for a 4.5" lift and the guy tells me they are out and will be in stock later that day... Well the guy never called me back and then 5 days later called me saying "Hey sorry bro I just totally forgot did you still want the Brake Lines??" What a Tool

bought Stainless Steal Brake Lines from Rusty's! They were cheaper than RE and the amazing customer service at RE made me wanna buy from Rusty's even though I live 10 miles from RE...
So I walk into RE and ask them for SSBL for a 4.5" lift and the guy tells me they are out and will be in stock later that day... Well the guy never called me back and then 5 days later called me saying "Hey sorry bro I just totally forgot did you still want the Brake Lines??" What a Tool

so hes a tool because he forgot to call you? like the sales guys dont have 50 other things going on. i dont see how you can judge a companies customer service by that. if you really want something you call back like everyone else would have.

Back