• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Evaporator Coil Replacement

liljoe71

NAXJA Forum User
Im doing a replacement for a friend of mine, he has an '01, I wanted to see if there is a better replacement than the typical OEM. I also wanted to see if there a write up on this. I have done a replacment of a heater core on my 94 but not the newer models and not the evaporator coil. If there isnt I will do a write and hope this helps us all here.

Thanks
Lil Joe

That second write up by rjstiles has a good link to a detailed instruction. And if I were doing a heater core or evap on an XJ, I would do the other one too. The part is only a small part of the expense.

My 2000xj is leaking refrigerant from the passinger side floorboard and im thinking that it is the evaporator core. I have one of the haynes manuals to refer to but it dosn't tell you anything about the evaporator core.

after researching the work involved in installing a heater core I was hoping that the evaporator core would be a little easier to access and replace. is this correct or is it prety much the same process as the heater core.

from looking at the threads concerning the heater core replacement I found this thread which is a write up of an 89xj heatercore replacement.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?931690&highlight=heater+core
not sure how relative this is to the newer models. did you do a write up of any work you did to your HVAC system because a would love to see it

Back