• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yukon Spartan Locker

I am toying with the idea of putting one of these in also. I think I am gonna pick one up this week from Randy and hopefully install it.

I think I may give one a try, and may convince my buddy who's a new XJ convert to give it a shot, too. The price is right, Yukon seems to have a decent rep. It's got to be stronger than the axle it's going in, anyway. Uh... yeah - I guess that's not saying much.

Nope, haven't been around to witness either of those guys destroy shafts. I suppose I'd start heading in a different direction after the first 3 or 4 failures. Maybe I'll stick with an Aussie.

I suppose I'd start heading in a different direction after the first 3 or 4 failures. Maybe I'll stick with an Aussie.
The Yukon shafts are warrantied, so I only bought one set. It was just a pain breaking shafts all the time; I have since switched to Superior shafts and CTM u-joints, gone to larger tires and have beat on them harder...no failures.

FWIW, I have heard decent things about Randy/Yukon's Spartan locker and I have to personal experience, but I am leery of some of Yukon's quality control. YMMV.

-----Matt-----

The Yukon shafts are warrantied, so I only bought one set. It was just a pain breaking shafts all the time; I have since switched to Superior shafts and CTM u-joints, gone to larger tires and have beat on them harder...no failures.

FWIW, I have heard decent things about Randy/Yukon's Spartan locker and I have to personal experience, but I am leery of some of Yukon's quality control. YMMV.

-----Matt-----
And i have had bad luck with Yukon Gears:gonnablow Going Superior

I've had fantastic luck with Yukon gears...as a matter of fact I just bought a set of 5.13 gears for my 8.8. My experience with their shafts and joints was not good, but from what I hear they've improved their QC and materials quite a bit. I'm going Superior shafts again for the Spider9, and their new 9" third member.

The Randy's/Yukon lockers seem to be good, but for the slight savings dollar wise, I'd have a hard time not buying a more established brand. YMMV.

-----Matt-----

Back