• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mounting a Hi Lift In The Back Of The Xj

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
Just a quick question on How to mount the jack I have my 32" spare in the stock location and a 48" jack I have it monted on the rack on the roof I am going to get rid of the roof rack so will need a new spot to mount it pics would be helpful

That thing would get in the way if he has a 32" spare in the stock location. My 31 in the stock location won't even let the driver side back seat latch engage let alone a 32".

Cool spot for it though, its the firsty time i've seen that....

I have the bottom spacer removed and my 48 high lift laid across kind of resting on the driver side back seat latch with my 31 keeping it down. I used dana 35 2.75"? U-bolt and put it through the stock anchor point and through the stock rim stud holes and bolted it down...

I've heard stories about the jack coming loose but it hasn't moved since i've had it for 2yrs.. Although it barely moves up and down so im not worried.

sweet find, just what I was looking to build!!

That thing would get in the way if he has a 32" spare in the stock location. My 31 in the stock location won't even let the driver side back seat latch engage let alone a 32".

Cool spot for it though, its the firsty time i've seen that....

http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoSpareWheel32inch.htm in case you havent seen that about moving the seat forward a tad to allow it to close with a bigger tires. Granted thats not gonna help squeeze a jack in there, but still..

I've seen it but in my opinion alot of work and I only run 31's so I don't have as much of a problem as a 32 would give me.

I would also loose my high lift storage spot......

Well ihave it on the roof now and wanted to get rid of the basket like i said + the jack is getting to rusty outside the Xj and i did search and could not find anything on my problem

I'm out of ideas unless just laying the spare in the back will work for you, I can say I have that HI-lift mount though and am really pleased with it, plus it was pretty cheap like $45 I think, Good Luck!

Back