• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's track bar making noise

Skreed

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a Rusty's HD track bar and frame mount used, for a good deal so I couldn't pass it up. I know everyone says rustys stuff is crap but I took a chance. Since I've installed it, on turns in creaks like a really squeaky door. The noise is coming from the axle mount end. When i turn the wheel there is some movement back and forth in the mount. I have it tightened down pretty good, and have the bushing lubed very well. When I bought it bushings were worn but looked really decent. Do you think I need new bushings? or am I missing something here? Do I need to torque it down more? Any input would be great thanks!

-Mike

If there is play in the busing then it is shot, I have the same track bar and the bushing lasted about 2 years and it went out, thier 10 bucks for a replacment bushing one from rustys. I have been very pleased with it I think people run into problems with them braking because they adjust them out to much when they get bigger lifts.

Turns out it was the bolts started coming loose on the frame mount. Anyone with rusty's track bar and frame mount make sure to re torque the bolts on the frame mount.

Turns out it was the bolts started coming loose on the frame mount. Anyone with rusty's track bar and frame mount make sure to re torque the bolts on the frame mount.
And use Loctite!

be careful with that trac bar, i had the same one and the piece of shit broke while driving down a gravel driveway, i lost all steering and about crashed off the side of a canyon. and it dented my oil pan when it broke as well.

Back