• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front and Rear axles are offset

bigjeepman

NAXJA Forum User
1998 grand Cherokee. Sorry only place I can go for info

6 inch XJ xoils in front
Adjustable track bar

stock front coils in rear
Adjustable track bar

35" Ground Hawgs

Both axles are offset to the right about two inches more than the left. Track bars are adjusted all the way in. Control arms look angled towards the right.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

being coil sprung, front and rear, obviously the first place to start would be trackbar's.

if both trackbars start on the same side of the truck, and both are offset to the opposite side, i'd say trackbars are the wrong size, but i know nothing about grands!

not to try and push you outta our forums, but im sure you'd get better help on a grand forum (or maybe someone here has some experience)

Sounds like the track bars are too long. Try removing the front track bar(easier to get to), center the axle with a load strap, and measure pivot point to pivot point on the jeep. That'll tell you haw long it's supposed to be. You might be able to shorten the bar.

X3 on track bars. PS - check NAGCA.com, they know a lot more about grand cherokees. I've got a couple local friends with grands who go over there.

Back