• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

84 waggy $500. complete vehicle

NorCalChris

NAXJA Forum User
Im think about buying this 84 waggy for 500 bucks. It has a 360. Dana 44 axles and it runs. and has current fees paid, but it fails low speed smog test. I just want the axles and steering. is $500 a good deal?

i would part it out after that of course, but is there anything else of value to me in it? i dont want the 360 for anything. And what would be top sellers on a part out? i dont know anything about them. all i know is its an 84 and i want the axles.

ive been looking at the treks axle truss from TNT. is there anything else that compares to quality thats similar in price?and one last question. does anyone know if the waggy calipers use the same size and thread brake line as the xj? i dont want to get rid of my steel braided lines.

lots of questions....thanks in advance

Just FYI, the 84 has a disconnect front axle. I don't know if that matters but I thought I would let you know.

Just FYI, he said it has D44 axles in it, not the stock D30. From the description he gave, it looks like its a modified vehicle.

Just FYI, he said it has D44 axles in it, not the stock D30. From the description he gave, it looks like its a modified vehicle.

Big difference between the FULL SIZE SJ and the baby XJ axles. The 84 SJ did have a disconnect D44 in the front. SJs did not come with a 30 front.

Im think about buying this 84 waggy for 500 bucks. It has a 360. Dana 44 axles and it runs. and has current fees paid, but it fails low speed smog test. I just want the axles and steering. is $500 a good deal?

i would part it out after that of course, but is there anything else of value to me in it? i dont want the 360 for anything. And what would be top sellers on a part out? i dont know anything about them. all i know is its an 84 and i want the axles.

Go over to ifsja.com and advertise it there. Engine, trans and xfer should sell easily. Lots of guys looking for good interior parts also. If the interior is tan, I'll be interested in the seat belts and maybe a few other small goodies.

Big difference between the FULL SIZE SJ and the baby XJ axles. The 84 SJ did have a disconnect D44 in the front. SJs did not come with a 30 front.

:gee:
I misread it and thought he was talking about an XJ waggoneer.

does anyone know if the waggy calipers use the same size and thread brake line as the xj? i dont want to get rid of my steel braided lines.

Same

Also like other side it's a vacuum disco front(undesireable). I'm sure you could put a one piece shaft in if you can find it. I don't know about where you're from but Amc360s don't go for much around here. I don't know how much you can get for the parts off of it. If it wasn't an 84 I'd say go for it.

Same

Also like other side it's a vacuum disco front(undesireable). I'm sure you could put a one piece shaft in if you can find it. I don't know about where you're from but Amc360s don't go for much around here. I don't know how much you can get for the parts off of it. If it wasn't an 84 I'd say go for it.
what year would you go for then? i dont know much about them. i know the treks truss says its for 80+ so i need an 80 and up axle. what years for waggys would be the best to use?

what year would you go for then? i dont know much about them. i know the treks truss says its for 80+ so i need an 80 and up axle. what years for waggys would be the best to use?

80+ but in 83-84 had vacuum disconnect axles.

Back