• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

d30

Disturbedxj

NAXJA Forum User
It appears that my right front tire leans in at the top. ive wheeled my jeep but not been real hard on it. is it easy to bend the tubes on the d30? 97 2dr. bout 5inches of lift on 285/75 16s. is a truss needed for DD/mild wheeling? also my d30 seems to have alot of play in it. as in if its sitn in park and i grab the front DS it turns further than id think it should. and yes i searched but did not find. :)

That's called negative camber, and a lot of XJs have this. My 98 has around 0.5 degree more negative caster on the passenger side. I'm guessing bent housing, since it's always the long side that gets out of acceptable range.

Bad balljoints will cause tire lean also. Lift the tire off the ground and grab it at 12 o clock and 6 oclock and pull back and forth to check for play.

The unit bearing could be bad. I have seen the inner C's get bent. Look to see if there is a gap between the dust boot on the upper ball joint and the knuckle. If there's a gap the upper part of the C is bent.

Back