• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warrior Tube doors/no doors at all?

jamer-01xj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm new here, so hopefully i'm in the right place for these questions....

I have a 2001 4 door. I want to take the doors off next summer (michigan winter is here).
Is there issues with taking the doors on and off? Do they fit right after a summer of being off? Will the body have tweaked enough to make them fit wrong after a summer off?

Has anyone used the Warrior tube doors from Quadrated.com that replace the doors? Are they any good?

I have seen 4 dr tube door kits for xj up to '97. 98-01 only has fronts available. Why is that? Can the older model yr tube doors be made to fit?

Any input would be great. This is an awesome site, glad I found it!

I just recently did the "cut door pin" mod and when the doors are off, it is great. But getting the doors off and putting them back on is a complete PITA!!! I will only remove my doors for a 2+ day wheeling trip, any less and it's just not worth it. I haven't noticed the body twisting to the point of permanent damage but I have heard that a lot of people have that problem.

I've been tossing this idea around in my head for some time; reinforce the area where the door and fender meet then mount wrangler style door hinges. Do away with the factory hinges all together. I'm not sure if the geometer would work, the latch may not work with the door rotating on a different hinge plane but since I can't stand the loose a$$ cut factor hinges I might try.

Bottom line, if you have a DD or if your truck is nice and you want to keep it that way DEFINITELY don't cut your doors off. If it is a dedicated trail rig or is already pretty beat up, it might be worth it to you.

As far as the tube doors go, if they require you cutting the factory hinges, see above. If they require you to unbolt the doors and your wheeling isn't too abusive then I'd say go for it.

I have had removable doors for two years now, tube doors for almost as long. I have run no doors for two weeks straight, I have returned to full doors for a few weeks then. I have switched between full doors, tube doors, and no doors literally hundreds of times. This whole summer I got up in the morning and took my doors off, then when it got a little chilly at night put them back on, only to take them off again the next day. I have driven to the wheeling destination, wheeled, and driven home with no doors, tube doors and full doors. I have also driven there with the doors on, and then just ditched them for the day, locked to a post.

After all of this, over two years of it, every door goes on and off just as well as it used to. In addition, they all fit just as well, none of them even leak! I can take off all my doors and lean them up in the garage in one minute, no joke. The doors are not structural.

Sorry for the long post, but doorless will not harm your xj unless you go through the mud without them on let it rain in your jeep!

oh and I’m pretty sure tube doors for an earlier xj won’t fit an 00 or 01 due to hinge differences, but with a welder you could have them working in an easy afternoon probably

I like the tube doors, I think they look great and allow that open feeling with a little bit of comfort/saftey with the tube doors.

BTW the reason there aren't rears for the 97+ is because they haven't been designed yet. Hopefully this spring we'll get a chance. Assuming I give the go ahead to take my rears off.

I have had removable doors for two years now, tube doors for almost as long. I have run no doors for two weeks straight, I have returned to full doors for a few weeks then. I have switched between full doors, tube doors, and no doors literally hundreds of times. This whole summer I got up in the morning and took my doors off, then when it got a little chilly at night put them back on, only to take them off again the next day. I have driven to the wheeling destination, wheeled, and driven home with no doors, tube doors and full doors. I have also driven there with the doors on, and then just ditched them for the day, locked to a post.

After all of this, over two years of it, every door goes on and off just as well as it used to. In addition, they all fit just as well, none of them even leak! I can take off all my doors and lean them up in the garage in one minute, no joke. The doors are not structural.

Sorry for the long post, but doorless will not harm your xj unless you go through the mud without them on let it rain in your jeep!

oh and I’m pretty sure tube doors for an earlier xj won’t fit an 00 or 01 due to hinge differences, but with a welder you could have them working in an easy afternoon probably

Just out of curiosity, do you run any frame stiffeners?

Just out of curiosity, do you run any frame stiffeners?

Nope, I don’t have any plating in that area yet, although I think the rock rails help out a bit. I will get the HD offroad ones when at least most of the projects I have started are finished, so late 2010 probably :D.
It is important to note that the doors are not part of the structure of your unibody. It loses no strength when you take them off. I think most door on/off fitment issues are from people not aligning the hinges properly after messing with them when they took the door off.

Nope, I don’t have any plating in that area yet, although I think the rock rails help out a bit. I will get the HD offroad ones when at least most of the projects I have started are finished, so late 2010 probably :D.

But how many other new projects will be started by then.:laugh3:

Back