• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lower link bracket-degree offset on clayton hardarm kit

pyrothugg

NAXJA Forum User
does anybody know offhand what the degree offset is on the clayton hardarm kits lower axle link brackets are. i need to order new ones but i think i want to go with a different company because these tweaked way to easily

Goodness. Do you have any pictures? Their brackets are made from 1/4" plate I believe. What were you doing to tweak these?

In answer to your question, I believe the degree offset for the LCA (Lower Control Arm) Mount is 5°.

Ballistic Fabrication, Blue Torch Fabrication, TNT/GO Treks, Currie and Clayton Offroad are the companies I know produce these pieces, as of right now.

You could always call Clayton and ask them what the degree is, as well. :callme:

Scott

Have you spoken to Clayton about the problem yet. They have a pretty good warranty on their parts.

Have you actually talked to them? I find it hard to believe they wont do anything about it. they stand behind their product about as good as anybody. How the heck did you bend them??

i put the link up for how it happened. but since no one wants to read it is from a roll over. the stress from from the dude trying and failing multiple times to get me back on all 4 tweaked the bracket. and yea i talked to em the problem is is i got the kit from a part out so since im not the original owner i dont get the warranty

i put the link up for how it happened. but since no one wants to read it is from a roll over. the stress from from the dude trying and failing multiple times to get me back on all 4 tweaked the bracket. and yea i talked to em the problem is is i got the kit from a part out so since im not the original owner i dont get the warranty

I didn't see a link in your above post, did you delete it? As far as the brackets being "weak" because they bent in a rollover, that's hardly a fair evaluation. No-one's link brackets are designed to rollover. I'm still not sure what brackets you are referring to, the cross-member replacement outers where the upper end of the links mount? I have Clayton's hardarms, IIRC they're 1/4" thick and gusseted. I don't know that you can expect much more beef than that. Were the outer brackets properly welded onto the uni-frame? I could see that breaking or pulling away in a hard rollover recovery.

I'd just order new ones from Clayton's. Contact them and tell them what happened, I'm sure they'd sell you another pair at a reasonable price.

everything was welded by my uncle who is one of the head welders at bae military facilities he welds tanks and stuff and has been welding for 30 years so i know it didn't fail due to a bad weld.and the brackets im refering to are the axle link brackets that atatch to the actual axle tube.as for the write up i dont know why it didnt copy the link that is my fault let me go find the link and i will post it up

In the other thread is says it flopped on its side in the culvert and then, trying to get it out you broke a couple of 30,000lb straps. Then your buddy and two other vehicles tried to pull it out. With three vehicles pulling they pivoted the body away from the axle on the control arms (before the ripping the bumper off) far enough so the passenger side spring fell out.

And in the middle of that some part of the Clayton's Hard Arm kit got bent. Could you be more specific about the bend in Lower Axle Link Bracket? Maybe with pictures? That would help us provide more accurate recommendations for replacement parts.

Back