• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dash Lights/Reverse lights

bakerboys

NAXJA Forum User
no dash light and no reverse lights any help please!!!!

My son and I adjusted the neutral saftey switch it now starts but no reverse lights and no dash lights and shifter lights any suggestions

thanks

You have two separate problems. Did you check the reverse light bulbs? Did you check for current out of the NSS to power the reverse lights?

For dash/shifter lights, did you check for power out of the headlight switch/interior light reostat?

I had a problem like that with mine, problem was the trailer converter module was shorting out and messed everything up... I cut it out and got a new one. Not sure exactly if this will help you but I guess it can't hurt.

sounds like it might be a fuse! check there first! get a test light and check for current on each side of the fuse!

I have the same problem as well. Replaced all lights in the tail gate. Removed and looked at each and every fuse (not just the inst panel & marker light ones). I've still got nothing. HELP!!

yes we checked all fuses even under the hood we pulled the gauge panel out could not check main bulbs??? and yes my son paid for this jeep and I helped him put a 2 inch lift on it new fender we changed head liner put on roof rack brush guard it is ready to go has insurance everything ready EXCEPT reverse lights and dash lights need reverse lights for inspection so we can put on road

For the reverse lights, the NSS needs to be manually synchronized. As you may have noticed during installation there is a little bit of play in the switch before tightening it down. What you need to do is loosen the large nut, and have somebody rotate the NSS forward and backwards until it works correctly in all gears. When it's in the right position the engine will be able to start in Park and Neutral (but no other gears), and the backup lights will come on in Reverse. Once you find the position where the switch operates correctly in all the gears then tighten it down.

For the interior lights, check to make sure the parking lights/headlights are on, and that the headlight knob is rotated correctly. Then replace the fuse even if it looks good.

ok I checked all fuses with a meter they all are good
I adjusted the NSS like you said already because it would not start at all got it were it will start but only in Park wont work in nuetral and no lights I tried it alot of times does it needto be replaced you think

Get somebody to rotate the thing while the car is in Reverse. If the backup lights don't ever come on then the problem isn't the switch position. However you said the problem started after futzing with the NSS so I assume you have it out of position. Probably needs to be cleaned or replaced if it's giving you problems anyway

Back