• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Switch fixed and another problem arises.

sotrhRaven

NAXJA Forum User
:wierd: When I turn the key to start the engine nothing happens, except. The engine temp gauge responds in accordance with turning of the key. I forwarn you my brother in law had wired this as a push button start. I would like to restore it back to normal. I added a kill switch if that has any bearing.

Ben

What year do you have? It might vary, I'm not sure, but should mostly be the same.

Start in your manual, and figure out what connection from the ignition switch sends current to the starter relay. While holding the key in start, use a test light to see if you have power leaving the ignition switch. Connect the ground side of the light to a good ground. Make sure it lights when you touch the light probe to the 'power in" side of the ignition switch. Then test the power out side when you turn the key. If it lights there, go on and test the starter relay the same way. Progress down the circuit that way.

Back