• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys 2" or Rough Country 3"?

NAXJA Forum User
I want to get 1 of the 2 lift kits for my 99 Cherokee, what would you guys suggest?

Its my daily driver, i dont want anything crazy, im probably gonna run stock tires for awhile anyway.

I dont do alot of offroading, mostly just the occasional bomb up or down a trail.

Looking for advice on the 2 pros and cons if you guys dont mind.

Thanks.

From what I have heard over the years they are similar quality never ran a rustys lift but have run Rough Country for a while and not as bad as every one say's I run acouple of there products for the money its great. Remember one thing all add a leafs will sag over time do it right and get full packs.R/C also stand behind there products and have great customer service for what its worth.

I first started with the Rusty's 3" kit with 305 hd coil springs and the full leaf packs. Also used Rusty's standard shocks and steering stabilizer.

Awesome lift for starters. I'd just start at 3" if I were you instead of 2". Why not? Stock tires still won't really look TOO bad with 3" versus 2" anyway.

I cannot comment on Rough Country, I do have their rear brake line and their drop pitman arm as well as control arm drop brackets but that is it, I don't have any of their leaf springs or coil springs.

ive ran rough country and have had great luck. even if i have a problem, RC's customer service has been amazing.

I would assume the rustys would be coil spacers and bigger shackels. i would go with the rough country 3" and get the full leaf pack. my .02

besides shipping (canada?), if you become a member to naxja, and Call or message jason directly, he will give you a great discount for rough country!

I have delt with Ryan at R/C was very helpful and Gave me some great prices. He is on Jeep Forum goes by Rough Country:wierd:

i like how buddy said "canada?"

calgary is the tits
im sure it is, im sure its all the tits and poonani you could ever imagine...

but its still canada, and a bitch to ship to, hence why SOME U.S. companys wont.. :fuse:

eh?

I'm running a 2" AAL lift and I fit Moabs with 245/75 MTR's. The rear is a short add-a-leaf and after more than a year I haven't lost any lift. I also attribute a total lack of driveline vibration to the smaller 2" lift, as opposed to 3". I didn't have to do a transfer case drop or SYE or anything.

It's a great look, can fit 30" tires comfortably, and still corners hard when I'm late for work.

I would assume the rustys would be coil spacers and bigger shackels. i would go with the rough country 3" and get the full leaf pack. my .02
http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/mercha...uct_Code=RK-200AL-XJ&Category_Code=sus_xj_kit

200al_01.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Installing a Rusty’s 2 in suspension will result in increased off road performance, better towing capability and an excellent ride. The kit consists of Rusty’s 2 in front coils, 2 full length add-a-leafs, 4 U-Bolts and 4 Rusty’s Hydro shocks.[/SIZE][/FONT]

for the $270 bucks dont seem like a bad deal. im thinking of doing this on my new jeep as well

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/mercha...uct_Code=RK-200AL-XJ&Category_Code=sus_xj_kit

200al_01.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Installing a Rusty’s 2 in suspension will result in increased off road performance, better towing capability and an excellent ride. The kit consists of Rusty’s 2 in front coils, 2 full length add-a-leafs, 4 U-Bolts and 4 Rusty’s Hydro shocks.[/SIZE][/FONT]

for the $270 bucks dont seem like a bad deal. im thinking of doing this on my new jeep as well

interesting. i would still go for RC and the full packs. youll thank yourself later

RC is also a sponsor here...

so's rustys, so lets leave it to which is a better company to buy from.

rc is the superior lift, and superior company to rustys.

i ran the rc 3" kit for a year, and while the AAL eventually kicked the bucket, it's proven to me to be ok for a starter lift.!
recently replaced my rc 3 with a re 3.5, makes me realize how much fun i had on that lift.

Back