• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior light/no door ding??

krelja

NAXJA Forum User
Recently my 98 XJ has been acting up. The interior lights will not come on if I just have the drivers side door open. All other doors/hatch will turn them on and the headlight switch will too. Also if I leave my headlights on and take the key out there is no ding, the door won't ding with the key in the ignition either. I've checked all the fuses and am gonna take apart the dash tomorow. I'm not sure if the problem is in the column or near the kick panel or even if the 2 problems are related any help would be great

silly I know, but make sure the push button switch that the doors activates is not stuck closed, which may cause that problem.

The problem you describe is exactly that of a stuck or bad drivers door pin switch.
The headlight and ignition chime doesn't work because they still see the drivers door as being closed due to the bad/stuck switch.

You can remove your "dinger" bell its on your fuse box and mine just plugged in pulled it out no more "dinging"

I don't mind the fact that it doesn't ding as much as the light not coming on I've been lucky so far because I have to turn my dome on to see @ night and I've left it on all night haven't killed the battery yet but I probably willl soon and I'm putting that off cause I want an optima or deka. I'll be ripping into it today I'll let you guys know if I can get the light to work but no ding

Back