• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Diff Cover Question

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
What is the best cover for the money i have a dana 35 rear and the cover is shot very rusty so do not want a guard. Would like a nice coverI just installed a rough country on the front looks nice and feels strong see how it works.

many will say that the diff cover will be worth more then the whole axle on a D35... Most covers cost about the same (around $100) and all things considered are fairly equal. there are some that can take on a .45 magnum vs some that will only take a .38....

On a D35 something else will brake before the cover does if hit that hard. I have a a Ruff stuff cover for the front D30 and will be getting one for the rear for my C8.25.... Riddler and rock crusher both make good covers as well.

A lot of times the RockCrusher ones will be on sale for a set of two (one front one rear) for around $180 shipped

Just a thought... their are many of the people on this forum as there is on the Other forum you posted on... try to make things a little different, i find that helps quite a bit since it shows you are trying to find an answer to a question and not copy and paste a question in front of as many people as you can.

just looking to some opinions form different people. I want to order quick so i can get it installed before it gets any colder out (working outside sucks)

X2 on what XCM said, I'd get a new cover that isn't as rusty at the junkyard, use it till the axle breaks, then replace the whole thing

Rockcrusher has a fall clearance...$65 each + shipping. Mention the sale when you call.
Solid Axle has an ongoing sale for $65+shipping as well.

Best diff covers for the money in my opinion. These covers are nearly the same design...companies were one company a couple years ago until they split...or so I have been told.

Rockcrusher has a fall clearance...$65 each + shipping. Mention the sale when you call.
Solid Axle has an ongoing sale for $65+shipping as well.

Best diff covers for the money in my opinion. These covers are nearly the same design...companies were one company a couple years ago until they split...or so I have been told.

Or spend 100 and get a ruffstuff. Have you seen those things? 3/8" thick! :eek:

Back