• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help me replace my U-joints before Goatfest.

boostamante

NAXJA Forum User
So i was inspecting my heep and found that one of my passenger side u-joint in the front axle shaft is bad. Im trying to replace it and im kinda stuck. Anyone got any good tips on getting them off, out whatever? Anyone wanna come help me figure this out?

This is what im looking at and i have no clue on how to the the caps out off what ever. Its way different than doing the DS u-joints. well, to me it is anyway.

DSC_0159-1.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

DSC_0161-1.jpg

Where do you live Julio? I got some time tomorrow afternoon.

Holy crap. :shiver:

Well, are you free tomorrow about noon?

there are lock rings (hopefully still there) on the inner part of the cups that keep them from pushing out. start by popping them off with a screwdriver.

there are lock rings (hopefully still there) on the inner part of the cups that keep them from pushing out. start by popping them off with a screwdriver.

Check! I took those off but can't figure out the rest. Remy says I need to press em out enough to get the caps off with some vise grips. I may just have to drive to his place tomorrow.

Johhny- I don't get off work till 2pm and then I have to pick my son up from school at 2:45. From there I plan on heading to the junk yard and after that I plan on going to remmy's to fix it. Looks like I have plnety to do tomorrow.

Gotta love jeeps :p

remove clips.

get a hammer, 9/16 socket, and one fairly large (big enough for the cap to fit into)

big socket on the bottom, 9/16 on the top.

hammer.

that will let the cap stick out enough to damn near pull out all the way.

flip it over and knock the other side out.

search pirate im sure there some kinda picture of it somewhere.

and if johnny does come over, hide all your pets, small children, and lock the fridge.

make sure u use the spicer ujoints as replacements and not vatozone brand.

Thanks Ben. Ha.

Julio - Maybe I'll come over to Remi's. I need to give him something anyways.

I need to give him...a Jeep part. :moon:

There's a possibility that I make go out just for the day. But I'd have to leave about 4:30 pm to return home.

Back