• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flare poll

gorkoxj

NAXJA Forum User
What do you guys think are the better/nicer looking fender flare set up to use on the Cherokee? From what I've read, Bush Wackers can't take the cold (-40 temps up here are common in winter) and crack easily, never mind the insane price, so no go there. I'll have wheels with a 4.25 backspace and 31" BFG A/T's so they'll stick out more and the laws are pretty rigid here. My Jeep is a '89 2 door and I'll be trimming the fenders also. I want to hear what you guys think.
Here's the combo's:

TJ- stock fronts and rears
TJ- rears on both front and back
YJ- stock fronts and rears
YJ- rears on both front and back

Are there any differences in width between the TJ and YJ flares?
I read somewhere that Grand Cherokees flares are a bit wider than a Cherokee. That true and what years and your opinions on them?

Have you considered adding Rusty's Flex to your list?
X2 I just bought my second set of rusty's flares for my second xj. This time i got flexy ones. :) they're sitting right next to me ready to be installed!

I saw that thread. Really like the ones the guy made, but I'm trying to save a little cash with mine. I can only work part time because of health issues so money is pretty tight. I have seen a few XJ's that use the Wrangler flares and was curious what others thought and if the Wrangler's are a little wider. I'll check into the Rusty's ones and see what the cost is. Thanks guys

Here's a pic of the Rusty's installed:
_DSC0321.jpg

Back